Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carvin' Fun

When the kids got home from school we all carved our pumpkins. I love carving pumpkins with the kids. I love the smell and being creative. I love lighting them after dark and seeing them glow. It is so fun and the kids love it just as much as I do. I used to have a hard time letting the kids carve their own pumpkins. I am a bit of a perfectionist and apparently a control freak. I am much better now. The only thing I did for them was cut the first hole so they could get the seeds out and then I let them go crazy.

I learned something new this year about carving pumpkins. Warm pumpkins are really easy to carve. I am not talking about room temperature pumpkins, these pumpkins had been outside baking in the sun. Our pumpkins have been on the front porch for a couple of weeks, the same as every year. But this year the days before Halloween have been so warm.





Usually (while I am digging the cold, slimy pumpkin innards out) I am kicking myself for not bringing the pumpkins in a couple of days before the carving was to take place. Today was totally different. The pumpkins were so warm and easy to cut.

Warm slimy pumpkin innards are not nearly as bad as cold slimy innards. It was fabulous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! thats nice to know. but innerds is a gross word. thanks for the info and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
love, bai

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! thanks for the advice i will have to do that next year. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
love, bai