Friday, October 24, 2008

I am mad at my mom

Yes, that's right. I am mad at my mom. For all of you who know my mom, I am sure you are thinking "How could anyone be mad at Marcia?" Continue reading and you might be mad at her too.

My mom has "Mylo-displasia." (I have no idea how it is spelled.) Her bone marrow does not produce mature red blood cells, the red blood cells are the oxygen carriers. Which means she is severely anemic and tired all the time. Even after having a good night sleep, she wakes up tired, like she has just run a marathon. She has been getting blood transfusions since 1985. When she started, it was one or twice a year. Now she goes every other Wednesday and recently her doctor told her she needed to start going weekly and she told him no. Just getting dressed and doing her hair makes her break out in a sweat. She will literally have sweat dripping off her face.

I have threatened to take her car keys away from her so she can't go the the store for milk and pass-out in aisle 4, which has almost happened a couple of times. If I can't go for her then Merlin can or Jenni, or Tim, or Jake... the list can go on for days. For goodness sake, it's not like there isn't anyone around.
Yes, she is surrounded by family. As a matter of fact she is with-in spitting distance of about 15 or so grandchildren. And since they all like to play in my/her yard, our yards are always covered with shoes, toys, fruit snack wrappers, etc. Which brings me to my point, why I am mad at her.
The other day she decided she was going to clean up the yard. So she is walking around the yard, that isn't small mind you, she has a handful of garbage, bends over to pick something up and when she stands back up she gets light headed and fell over. Luckily she didn't break anything, but she is very sore. If I wasn't so mad I would probably be laughing.

She waited until the next day to call and tell me about the fall because she knew I would be mad. She was right, I was mad. I am always saying "Mom, go sit down I will do that" or "I will get that" or "If you don't stop doing the dishes and sit down I am going to leave and not come back" that one works every time. Anyway, I said to her, "Mom, why were you cleaning up the yard? I would have done it or had the kids do it." Her response is what made me really mad. She said, "I don't want people to think I am lazy."
@#$%&*!! Sometimes that woman drives me crazy! So to all of you who know my mom, I have a questions for you:
Do you think my mom is lazy?

4 comments:

sue-donym said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

She is the most UNLAZY person I know.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I would/ am mad at her too! What are we to do with them? (our mothers) Grandma Bunnie felt so much "better" than her last treatment that she was cleaning up dinner with all of us over there. I had to get after her too.

P.S. I love your mom!

Shelly said...

Your mom is a sweetheart and not lazy at all. All she needs to do is smile. That is the thing I enjoy about her. She is always happy.

MELANIE said...

Your Mom is made of gold and is certainly NOT lazy. I am mad at her too!