Two nights ago Little Sister came into my room about 5am very upset. You know the voice, you can tell by the tone that something is very wrong. It wasn't the timid "I hope I don't get in trouble for waking Mom up at 5am because I am bored," voice. This was the frantic, urgent "I think my life is in danger," voice. Since it was 5am I can not remember every word perfectly, but it went something like this.
"Mom, Mom, I just woke up and there is a FIRE in my room! And it is making noise. And I can even see the SMOKE! Mom. Mom. I am so scared!" Now I knew there was not a fire because we just changed the batteries in the smoke detector and it was not going off. But I knew that for some reason Little Sister was totally freaked out. So as quickly as I could I gained control over my body, then proceeded to stand and walk to Little Sister's room. I got to her door and scanned the room to find the "fire." For half a second I got really scared, because I saw the smoke too. Then after my sleepy mind processed the information, I quickly understood what was going on. Brother must have been up coughing again so Merlin set up the vaporizer in Little Sister's room where Brother was sleeping to help him with his cough. The vaporizer has a orange power light on the top, and it was sputtering loudly, which is what probably woke her up in the first place. And of course it was sending steam into the air, which when you are half asleep can easily be mistaken for smoke.
Even after I explained to Little Sister that it was not a fire and that everything was fine, she was still scared and asked if she could sleep in my room.
2 months ago

1 comment:
OMG!! how funny. i would be scared too.
~Bailey Bum
Post a Comment