Sunday, February 8, 2009

Made-up words

I love the made up words that kids make because they can't remember how the word actually goes. Brothers new word is a combination of crocodile and alligator. When he is ready to leave for school or to play he says, "See ya later croc-agator."

Just a note, it is only cute when kids mess up words, not adults. Here are some phrases I have heard come from people who are old enough to know better...

"Don't give me any of your status." This was said to me when I was in junior high, my friend was miffed at me for some reason, but the best part is when I tried to tell her she meant "Don't give me any of your static" she refused and said, "No, it's status." So I did what she said, and didn't give her any of my status.

"Let's get pizza from Little Seizures."

This is my all time favorite...

"That boy has fecal alcohol syndrome."

I am reminded of a saying that goes something like this-
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I do like brothers version of a the animal. That is funny!

Scames said...

I hope that whole "status" thing was not me. and if it was, maybe I didn't want to know where we were ranked as far as social status goes. It could be that.. yes it could.

Scames said...

I just re-read and you said junior high- I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.
Shoo. That is me wiping my brow, glad to know it wasn't me being stupid. It wasn't me telling anyone to go away.

L. Mo said...

It was not Scames.