Saturday night I was putting Baby Girl to bed. She was not cooperating and I think I feel asleep before she did. When I woke up it was 12:30am and the house was quiet, well except for Merlin's snoring. I got in bed and tried to ignore the snoring and go to sleep. It didn't work. Finally I nudged Merlin and told him he was snoring. He apologized and said he would try to stop. Not even 30 seconds later he was asleep and snoring again. I then realized that if I was to get any sleep one of us had to go.... to the couch. I figured since it took him less than half a minute to fall asleep and start snoring again that he would have no trouble falling asleep on the couch. I nudged him again and told him he was snoring again. He got all mad, mumbled something and went to the couch, and I went to sleep.
That reminds me of story from when we were first married. Right after we got married we were living in Utah county and I was doing my student teaching at Alta High School. I was commuting everyday and it was during the I-15 construction. It was miserable. One night I was having a hard time going to sleep, and I had to get up really early to get to the school on time. After a while I went to Merlin for, I don't know... sympathy, I guess, because there was nothing he could do to help me go to sleep. So I woke Merlin up and told him I couldn't get to sleep and in a really grouchy annoyed voice he said, "What do you want me to do about it?" Then he rolled over and went to sleep.
The answer to my question, "What is the sweetest sound?"
My grandma used to always say, "Snoring is the sweetest sound this side of heaven--ask any widow."
2 months ago

2 comments:
I can feel for you! Ryan has been snoring more lately and I actually can sleep better when he is out of town. Don't get me wrong, I don't like him gone though.
I am also a snorers wife. We just had this conversation last weekend while staying over in Lyman, I was not the only one who got to try to ignore the snore. He says I snore too, whatever. I don't mind though, my two favorite men in this world are world class snorers, at least dad used to be, before the c-pap.
Post a Comment