Sunday, June 20, 2010

SHE'S HOME!!!

It was a long week, but we made it--some how.We made signs for Big Sister to see as she road in on the bus. Just before the bus got there I started crying again because I was so excited to see her and knew it would only be a few more minutes. Then we saw the bus. Then I heard the singing. All the camp kids were singing the songs they had learned at camp. (The exact same songs I sang 20+ years ago.) It was like something you would see in a movie. It was so fun.
We stood there as the kids started filing off the bus. They all looked the same with their camp T-shirts. Kid after kid came off the bus and no Big Sister. To tell the truth, I was thinking maybe they left her back at camp by mistake. And then someone started hugging me. I looked down and it was my girl!!! Yes, I cried. Shocking, I know. Oh happy day! She is home!
And she is never leaving again!

No comments: