Monday, June 14, 2010

I was not that young, was I?

I am raising my children in the house I grew up in. The house has been updated, but it is still home. ♥
My children walk to the same elementary school I walked to. (It too, has been updated)


So why am I having such a hard time with my little girl going to the same 5th grade camp that I went to? Surely I was not that young! She is just a baby. Isn't she? Where has the time gone? I have left her before. Many, many times. And she has gone to stay with cousins out of state. But this is different. She has always had a second mom that loved her just as much as me. Now she is gone from home without a mom. (Tears rolling down checks) Every time I think about her I start to cry. Those camp leaders don't know how special she is. How she tries so hard to do everything right. How kind she is to everyone. They don't know her. I worry. It is dark now, is she afraid? What did she have for dinner? Was it good? Did she get enough to eat? Is she having fun? Does she miss me as much as I miss her? I hope she is dealing with our separation better than me. I hope I have taught her enough for her to know that she is loved. That she is strong. That she is a leader. That she is kind.


Big Springs 1986
(I'm in the front, can you find me?)

Big Springs 2010

I know she will have a great time, just like I did. I hope she rides the zip line, just like I did. I hope she learns lots of camp songs and comes home with lots of stories. I hope she makes lots of new friends.


Was I really that young?
I guess I was.
♥♥♥♥♥

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I loved Big Springs and the zip line...so much fun! And that is exactly how I remember you! I am really jealous that you live in the same area that you grew up in! She will do great and have a blast! And, you will be ok too. I had a hard time when my oldest went to camp last year but I tried to remember how much fun he was having. Good luck!

Julie said...

I'll bet she's having the time of her life. But I'm sure she misses her fabulous mom, and even thinks about you now and then.