*****
If I had placed an order
For a mother kind and true
To suit myself just perfectly
I wold have chosen you.
*****
My mother has a green thumb
She loves each flower and tree
But she says her most important job
Is to grow a beautiful me.
*****
Mother's watching
Time is passing
Baby days are past and gone
Mothers saving
Gently storing
Memories to look back on.
*****
There are dishes soaking in the sink
But mother has a date
She has to read a story
Because story time can't wait.
*****
Dear Father bless my mom today
And all the projects she'll be startin'
I won't be here to help her now
I'm goin' to kindergarten.
*****
My mommy likes to play outside
She different from the rest
She worries when were quiet
She likes noisy children best.
*****
Remember when I traced my hand
*****
Remember when I traced my hand
In primary this way
And put it in a card that said
"I love you" on Mother day.
Well, years have passed
Any my small hands that needed you before
Have grown quite large
But now it seems, I need you even more.
I need your love and guidance
To help me see life through
To be my friend, and let me see
Whats best for me to do.
I learn by your example
To smile and serve and care
No matter if I stumble
I know that you'll be there
I hope my hands will always do
Good things so you will see
That all your work and teaching
Have made me a better me
And when I fold my hands to pray
I know that He will hear
And bless you on this special day
And always Mother Dear.

3 comments:
You're right, your mom is a sweet, sweet lady. And I love the poems--thanks for sharing.
Your mom is amazing and one of my favorite people on a very short list. Give her a hug from me!
You do have one of the sweetest Moms. I love that poem she wrote, she is very talented.
Post a Comment