Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How I spent my morning...

Ever since I found out all of Baby Girls allergies...
(corn, eggs, peanuts, cats, dogs, grass,...)
I am on high alert to protect this sweet girl...
She is so good. If I tell her she can't have chocolate, because almost all chocolate products say "may contain peanuts" or if I tell her she can't have fruit snacks, suckers, skittles, starburst (basically any chewy candy) because it has corn syrup, she gives me a sad look and says "Okay."

She started dance last week and one of the best parts of dance for 3 year old girls is the treat bucket. Each week the little dancers take turns taking the treat bucket, filling it with treats and sharing them with their friends. Baby Girl can't have most treats, like ring pops. Darn corn syrup.
But she can have Mentos. I buy them in bulk.
So being that protective mother, I spent my morning making Baby Girl her very own dance treat supply to keep at the dance studio.
I tried to make them extra cute so she would not feel bad she was getting something different.
The things we do to protect our children.

3 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

you know that now all the other little girls are going to want her treats too- which will make them all the more special :)

Shelly said...

You are such a good mom! I want some of baby girls treats. Can I go to dance class?! :)

Janet said...

Lez-
I love that you are so good at keeping up on your blog. I want to be more like you! We were especially excited to read that West is playing football, not so much about the tooth, we are big football fans here, flag, little league, EHS Red Devils mostly. Just wanted you to know you are awesome.