
Disclaimer: Proud Momma, actually, amazed Momma.
Little Sister has an amazing singing voice. No, really she does. I am not just saying that because I am her mom. All my children can sing, I like to sing. I enjoy singing. We can all carry a tune, but Little Sister can REALLY sing.
She has been going to voice lessons for about a year and a half. At the beginning of each class the teacher has Little Sister and the other 3 students warm up their voices and sing this song that doesn't have words, they just sing the name of the note they are singing; doe, re, mi, etc. Lately at class, before they sing this song (which starts with the note "so") the teacher will say, "Give me 'so'" the children will sing a note they think is "so," followed by the teacher playing the note on the piano to see if they are right. Little Sister is right every time. This alone is amazing to me. How she can pull that note out of the air, I don't know. She has done it so many times, I have gotten used to the amazement. But tonight something different happened. When Little Sister sang "so" followed with the note on the piano (an electric piano) and it was different. Off by half a note or something. I figured it must have been luck all this time, and hers finally ran out.
Teacher: "You are so close, listen." She played it again.
Little Sister: "No, that is not 'so' "
Teacher looked at the electric piano and saw that it was set to a different key, changed it back to the regular key, played "so" again, and sure enough, Little Sister was right on.
Teacher: "Little Sister, you have perfect pitch! How did you do that?!"
Seriously AMAZING!
Now, if I could just get her to sing in public.

2 comments:
Wow, few people in the world have perfect pitch. Where'd she get that from? I lived with you for awhile, and you could only kinda sing . . . (did I shave my legs for this . . . ) and don't even get me started on Merlin! ;)
Hey! No need to drag my velvety baritone through the mud!
M
Post a Comment