Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our Son, the True Blue BYU fan

I am the mother of 4 young children, therefore I drive a mini-van. And since I have 4 young children and a mini-van, it (the mini-van) needs to be cleaned out daily. Which is isn't. It only gets cleaned out when we go on a long trip, or when Merlin takes his friends to rid Pintura of the over populated Raccoons.

I knew I would be giving friends, my friends, a ride so it was time to clean it out. (I wouldn't want my friends to think I drive around in a dirty car). I was collecting all the trash, toys, books, papers, socks, jackets, when I came across a red hat with a big "U" on it. I smiled a little, because Merlin has drilled into our children's heads that we are true blue BYU fans, and it was a little funny to have this enemy propaganda in our car. I knew immediately whose hat it was. My brother Tim. He must have stuck it there on the last successful Raccoon raid trip, and forgotten it. I set it to the side in the garage so I could give it to him the next time I saw him, and didn't think another thing of it.
A couple days later I sent Brother to the garage to get his backpack out of the van. He came walking in the house with a very serious expression on his face, holding the red hat. He came up to me and said,
"Mom, I found this in the garage." Showing me the hat.
I said, "Yes, that is Uncle Tim's hat."
He said, "Should I put it in the garbage?"

3 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

We say- YES- YES he should!

Shelly said...

Ryan says "BURN IT"! I think that West is a very bright kid.

Julie said...

Funny. Sounds like a whole lot of brain washing going on in your house!