I was sitting with my mom on her back porch watching all the children play, enjoying the beautiful day. The sun was shining so bright that I decided I needed a hat to shade my face, my cowboy hat to be exact-it would match my shirt and shade me on all sides. So I called Big Sister over and said, "Go in my closet, on the top shelf and get my black hat." She runs inside and after taking much longer than she should have, she comes walking out with my pink hat. I said, "No honey, I want my black hat, my black cowboy hat. Go back inside and get my black hat." She said "Oh, I didn't think you would want that one."
A little while later my mom and I were discussing what color I should paint my front room. We were talking about wood floors, window trim and my existing couch colors and trying to work it all out. I decided we needed to see the colors in the couch and so I asked Little Sister to go inside to get one of the pillows from the couch. This is exactly what I said to her, "Little Sister, I need you to concentrate on what I am saying, OK?" She nodded. "You know in the piano room there are the white couches?" She nodded. "I need you to go in the piano room and get one of the white pillows off the couch and bring it to me, (pause), now what are you going to get me?" She repeated it back. Then I said one more time, "Get me one of the white pillows off the white couch in the piano room." She left to fetch me the pillow. A couple of minutes later I see her come out of the house with a red pillow. Are you kidding me? I said, "What are you doing I asked for a white pillow?" She rolled her eyes at me and said, "I thought you would want this one."
My children are either color blind or they think they know what I want better than I do.
2 months ago

4 comments:
I laughed so hard at your post! You sound just like me. I was just telling my son yesterday to get something upstairs, and I was repeating myself to make it VERY clear what I wanted, and he rolled his eyes at me and said "why are you telling me 3 times. I heard you already." Hmmm, maybe because when I want a white pillow, I get red too!
Your kids are always making me laugh. I am glad you post all the funny things they do. It makes my day!
all I can say is you have a WHITE couch?? that would last 2.5 seconds in my house...
I think that kids like to try and play tricks on us..like little leprachauns! Hey who did you find on facebook that we played ball with???
Post a Comment