Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Mommy Moment"

Every night before my children go to bed I lay down by them and sing them a song. Big Sister always asks for "Mother Tell Me The Story." Little Sister has been choosing "Heavenly Father Loves Me." And this is how the conversation goes with Brother.

Brother says, "How 'bout a song?"


"OK, what song?"


"Ummm, ABCD....I want to sing it."


He then begins to sing and when he gets to "Q, R, X" I say, "S"


And he says, "You help me Mom?"


Then we sing it together.


When we are finished he gives me a hug and he goes to sleep with a big smile on his face. And that is when I think of that Generel Conference talk that Elder M. Russell Ballard gave about living in the moment. Motherhood is not always giggles and smiles. But there are the moments. As I watched Brother go to sleep with a big smile on his face, I thought this is one of those "Mommy moments."

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That is so cute. You are such a good mom and shows by how happy your children always are. I always see them so happy and smiling.