We have been potty training Baby Girl and using gum as her incentive. She has done really well, with the training and the gum. Until recently when she started pulling the gum out of her mouth and wrapping it around her head. I cut the gum out of her hair in the back, but when she got gum stuck in her eyebrow, (?), on family picture day, I was not going to shave her eyebrow off. So, how do you get gum out of hair? Peanut butter of course. We got Baby Girl in the tub and proceeded to rub peanut butter all through her eyebrow and forehead. When the gum was just about all gone I remembered something I should have remembered long before I rubbed peanut butter all over my baby's face. SHE IS ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS!!! We quickly washed the peanut butter off of her skin, but she was already having a reaction to the peanuts. Everywhere her skin came in contact with the peanut butter it was red and starting to swell. Then down her neck and scattered across the rest of her body she had a rash. I immediately gave her some benedryl and prayed that I would not need to use the epi-pen. Then I sat and watched her. Slowly the rash and swelling went away. I am thankful, again, that my ignorance and stupidity didn't harm my baby anymore than it did.
And no, I will not be mother of the year.
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment