Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baptism Day

This weekend Little Sister was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a wonderful experience for the entire family. Little Sister received a baptism book to record important dates, names and feelings. The first part of the book was fill-in-the-blank. I was baptized on... she wrote "Saturday June 6th, 2009." I was baptized by... instead of writing "Papa," she wrote "immersion."
Our dear family friend cooked a pig outside on the spit for us to celebrate. Thanks Paul.

Little Sister was baptized the same day as her cousin.


Merlin's dad performed the baptism. It was a very special experience for both Little Sister and Papa.

Our family.

Little Sister and Great Grandma Lois. She really is a GREAT grandma. Little Sister is just 1 of 105 great grandchildren.

3 comments:

Julie said...

You have a beautiful family. Looks like it was a special day. 105 great grandchildren, wow! Amazing.

Summer said...

Great hair braiding job on little sister....you braided my hair a time or two! Is that a pig I see???? That brings back some good memories!!!

Shelly said...

I felt the spirit so strong at the baptism. I hope the girls did also. They all are such beautiful young ladies.