Friday, July 1, 2011

Life goes on

My sweet old Dad passed away almost 4 weeks ago.
Life goes on, I suppose.
Then there are days like today when I forget he's gone and I want to tell him about my double-header last night and how my hitting improved with each 'at bat' and about the catches I made at first. He loved to watch me play. I'm not really sure why. He went to all my basketball and softball games in high school. He travel all over the Western states watching me play basketball for Dixie College. Last summer he would drive down to Footprinters to watch me play softball from the car. I loved to talk sports with him.
Then I remember I can't call him, I can't look out my kitchen window to see if he is out on the porch. He is not across the yard, or a phone call away. I know I will see him again, but I don't know when and that is what's hard.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Love you Lez!

Ann said...

Lezlie,
My heart aches for you. I hope you know how much we love you and your family. You're in our prayers.
Ann